Resolution Downwind Dash, Langebaan, South Africa - The Worlds Biggest Kite & Windsurf Race.

Resolution Downwind Dash, Langebaan, South Africa - The Worlds Biggest Kite & Windsurf Race.

Esposende, Portugal.

I have been in Portugal for five months and I have one week left before heading to the UK briefly to see my family and then to Langebaan, South Africa for six months. I arrived into Portugal on the 1oth of April, the past five months of which have been areal adventure. I decided to come to Portugal to undertake the IKO Level 1 ITC, which I successfully passed and qualified as an IKO Instructor, a proud moment. The first month or so was very touch and go as Tiago Rocha, the IKO Examiner and I, teamed up and began rebuilding the Kite School which was in serious need of new direction. We found new premises and begun constructing and building what it is today, an awesome kite centre. I have really become a part of the community here and one of the locals. They are all such gems and have extended my welcome with friendliness and sincerity. I must say a special thanks to Alex & Sandra from CafĂ© Marina, they have been amazing and I have had some very drunken nights with Alex, Septembro! It really has been the scene for fond memories, a place I will never forget. Some really cool friendships have been made and needless to say, the parties have been wild and the beer flowing. Tiago, Joao M, Gabriela, Neia, Jakub, Robert, Dominika, the Deadly Blonde Assasins, Karen, Marina, Petter, Joao Miguel, Tozei and everyone else I met, you are all super stars that rock like a rocking horse. I will leave here with such amazing recollections of some awesome kitting sessions with you all, although the best has been just Tiago and I at the end of the day, the sun low above the dunes, no one else riding, the lagoon all to ourselves and then heading out to the waves to ride and take a mini down winder back into the lagoon, Happy Days! By far though July & August has been the best and it wouldn’t be right not to give a special mention to my good friend and partner in crime, Joao Rocha, Dudes are we and unforgettable nights we have had. Never a dull moment, Bib Offir and Pasha has been our playground for drunken madness, Vodka sessions, Foam Parties, debauchery, silliness and good old fashioned mischief of the highest quality, Sir I salute you /:)))))= Sadly however like all good things, eventually they must come to an end and I will miss this place. An enormously grateful thank you to all that have shared this part of my life with me and made it a very special and amazing time, Peace, Harmony & Respect.


1 comment:

  1. dude, i'll never forget our moments at bib ofir or pacha, the drunks the nights, everything!!! all the days we passed together at kitecenter. i hope i will see you next year!! and we can continue the parties and vodka session's :) you'r a very good friend and i'll never forget this summer!! peace brother!! ;)

    Ass. Joao Rocha

    ReplyDelete